Thanksgiving is just around the corner, meaning there’s no better time to reflect on the good fortune you’ve encountered by attracting a truly dynamite staff. Great workers can be few and far between, so it’s important to do everything in your power to show your staff how much they’re appreciated.
Making people feel valued goes a long way, as most actually enjoy their work and want help your company succeed. In fact, an overwhelming 86 percent of U.S. employees are satisfied with their jobs, according to the 2015 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Employee Job Satisfaction and Engagement Survey.
5 Ways to Show Your Staff You’re Thankful for Them
Keep your team happy by using these five ideas to make them feel appreciated:
- Provide a Catered Lunch. Give your team a midday treat by catering a delicious lunch for them to enjoy. Select a few different restaurants and let them decide which one they’d prefer, to ensure maximum satisfaction. Allow everyone to take a longer-than-normal break to enjoy great food and even better company!
- Give a Holiday Bonus. If you have room in the budget, gift your employees with a bonus. Extra money is always appreciated, especially when it’s unexpected. This is a great way to make their holiday season a little bit merrier!
- Surprise Them with Gift Cards. Buying gifts for your employees can be a nearly impossible task. Instead, give them a gift card, as they are universally appreciated and people can use them to purchase anything they want.
- Close the Office Early. Everyone wants to get a head start on their Thanksgiving festivities. If you’re able, surprise your staff by shutting operations down a day early — or at least a few hours ahead of schedule, so they can spend more time with their loved ones.
- Write a Thoughtful Note. If your staff is small, take the time to pen a handwritten thank-you note to each person. Highlight their specific accomplishments and explain why you’re so grateful to have them on your team.
Partner with Barrington Staffing to find talented workers who truly want to help your company succeed. We offer temporary, temporary-to-staff and direct hire staff in the areas of administrative support, executive assistant, human resources, reception, general office/clerical, call center, customer relations, marketing support, IT support, social media, accounting, office management, database/data entry operator, purchasing, sales and technical.